So the program organized a tour to Edirne, which is about as West as you can get without being in Bulgaria or Greece. The trip filled up before Rachel and I could give them money, so we decided that we'd have to make up for it by having an awesome weekend in Istanbul.
Friday night, we went to dinner at Develi, a restaurant the Esra recommended. This was out in Samatya, which, though the guidebook said to take a taxi, was easily accessible by the Akbil accepting suburban train. Dinner was amazing. I'm learning to ask for "something without meat," and I'll usually get something much better than the vegetarian things on the menu. The food was more expensive than usual, but still nothing compared to a nice restaurant in the states or even the El Torito in Etiler, which we may or may not have gone to a few weeks ago. You'll never know. (Actually, if you read Rachel's blog, you'll know we went.)


Todays adventures will be posted later...






No comments:
Post a Comment