Monday, June 30, 2008

Class!

Right.  So just to be clear, I have actually been taking classes for a week now.  Class starts at 9 and goes until 1, but then we have speaking practice and movies or talks in the afternoon.  I would recommend both movies we've seen so far: Organize İşler and Babam ve Oğlum.  Classes focus on reading, writing, grammar, and speaking, and we have three teachers (one's a professor) and one TA.  We also have lab.  I love lab.  It's the part I should hate-- they stick us in a room and make us listen to dialogues or random sounds through headphones.  We speak into microphones even though we're all in the same room.  But it's quite fun, and the building is air conditioned.  

I've been learning a lot about Professor Yilmaz Özgür and his robot, Robocan.  Robocan is five years old and can do anything-- he can walk, run, and talk.  But he doesn't have any friends or siblings.  

I'll take more pictures of the campus soon, but here are some of a nice view:


And check out this energy drink.  That's right, it's a "love drink" and comes with a lighter.  We're a little scared of it:

2 comments:

Pranks said...

BEST. DRINK. EVER.


I want to be Robocan's friend. There should be a robo-Barack Obama.

Yes we Robo-can!

Lisy said...

Are the lighter and the energy drink supposed to be used in conjunction with each other? Also...what is a love drink? What kind of "energy" does confer to the drinker?

What does it taste like?