Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wait, real quick

One more before I'm off to Ankara...

The construction going on in our dorm has been so loud that we've been picturing guys in the rooms directly above us randomly swinging hammers and destroying everything in sight.  Turns out, we weren't all that wrong.  We walked out and saw this:

The Kıraç and Moğollar concert was amazing, especially considering neither Rachel nor I had any idea who Kıraç was.  I think this tied with Kardeş Türküler for best concert I've seen here.  There was the same progressive feel as Barışarock, but this time with Avea commercials and those free packs of household and personal hygiene supplies you get at Turkish arenas.  Oh, and the headscarved women scattered around the audience who were seriously rocking out.

And today in the middle of our proficiency exam, a fight broke out.  Between cats.  The TAs all jumped up and scurried to get them out of the room.  I should remind you that seeing, even encouraging, cats in the classroom is just part of everyday life:

2 comments:

Pranks said...

That exam sounds like so much fun. What is Turkish for "The cat ate my test"?

Alyssa said...

Bu kedi sınavımı yedi. Or, if you want "my test was eaten by a cat": Sınavım kedi tarafından yendi.