Rachel, Joseph, and I went to Starbucks:
Shush. You would too if the Starbucks down the hill from your school had this view:
We then walked along the water to Ortaköy:
Past the arena where I saw Kardeş Türküler the first week:
The bridge is super pretty at night:

And ate Gözleme outside on the water. I asked this man if I could take a picture. Though it doesn't look it, he said yes:

In other news, today's afternoon lecture was about Turkish music. Though it was in Turkish, I think I understood a lot of it, since it included vocabulary I learned even before taking Turkish classes. The man played examples of the same song in different styles. I was pretty offended when the Arabesque version elicited more laughs from teachers and TAs than did the remixed Tarkan version. I guess this is what my travel grant literature means when it says this far into the trip "you're surprised that you're still experiencing culture shock."








No comments:
Post a Comment