Saturday, May 31, 2008

Well, the pre-Turkey meat-eating experiment is going well. Yesterday, Amanda and I went to the Chicago Turkish Festival.  We decided that I would order something vegetarian, she would get a lamb kebab, and we would share.  I ordered my vegetarian meal and before I knew it, a lamb kebab was also sitting on my plate.  This was either because the guy was super impressed with my Turkish, it was close to closing time, or I had actually unknowingly ordered a lamb kebab.  Nonetheless, it was delicious.

Later: "Çay var mı?"  "Çay yok."  Which basically means, "Does tea exist?"  "Tea does not exist."  So I ordered a cup of coffee instead.  The lady then went off on this long string of unfamiliar Turkish words, and my look of confusion and terror resulted in me accidentally refusing a complimentary piece of Turkish delight.  




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you have a blog!! Cant wait to see how it progresses. Oh yeah, check out my blog from Egypt at http://milkandmummy.blogspot.com

Brett

Pranks said...

Hopefully, this is not going to be in the grand tradition of "Roman Ramble", and will thus actually be updated.